Zyxel TA128 on RHL 6.2

Hi,

We are trying to upgrade on server of ours to 6.2.
The old server was connected to the ISP over ISDN using TA128 from
Zyxel. Even if we use the same cable and with a working serial port (that
works with an analog modem), the connection doesnt go through.

This happens with another server of ours too, in a different location.

I was wondering if something has changed between versions and some
settings need to be changed. Newsgroups seem to have no posting on this.

We use kermit (using a script) to dial to the ISP.
We tried troubleshooting using cu, dip etc and same case.

Looks like the (outgoing) serial ports are now called
ttyS0,ttyS1... instaed of cua0,cua1.... and we use the new notation
itself.

PS: The cable, serial port on the machine, DTE on the TA - all these look
OK while testing. And we use the same script/commands to communicate
with the modem. My understanding is that the ISDN modules are needed only
when ISDN cards are used and for TA's they can be connected to the serial
port like analog modems. (Thats how we have them running with RHL 5.1/5.2
for quite sometime now.) Am I missing something?

TIA.

--
Regards,					Tranquilmoney.com
Oommen						65, Broadway, Suite 824