Re: problem in installing linux in hardisk of 20gb

hi,

    sk> Hi, The win95 partition is in primary.  The win2000 in loaded
    sk> in logical partition on ntfs.  But fdisk reports the nt boot
					^^^^^^^^^^

Which fdisk.  From what follows I gather that this is the windows
fdisk you are talking about.

    sk> loader is located in the first partition.  I am trying to
    sk> install linux in the last logical partition.

    sk> The problem i am facing is i am not able to proceed with
    sk> installation at all (to the lilo stage).  My previous

	Please clarify.  This is very confusing.

Do you mean, you are unable to even boot the installation CD?

   a) If you are able to boot the install cd at what stage does
   it fail??

	i) If it does boot and then fails when you do fdisk.  Go to
	the shell prompt (or does Rh no longer provied one on ALT+F2
	?) and manually format the disk using the following command.

	# cfdisk -c 39694 -h 16 -s 63 /dev/hda  (replace hda with what
	is appropriate)

   b) If it doesnt boot try booting the installation CD by entering
   parameters at the lilo prompt of the CD. Something like so

   RH7.0CD LILO: boot hd=39694,16,32

   and try.  replace "boot" by whatever the boot time help instrctions
   say.