problem in installing linux in hardisk of 20gb

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Hard Disk to 20GB to install windows 2000.  However i am not able to install linux on the system since disk druid is not creating the necessary linux partitions and is saying a error "Boot partition is too big" or "Partition too big" error.

It is successfully creating the swap partition.  Only when i try to create other partitions it gives the above error.  I am not able to proceed further.  I even tried with partition size of 1mb.  But no luck.

The disk druid and the linux installation software senses the hard disk model correctly but the follwing is displayed under various heads

Cyl Head Sec 2490 255 63

But my bios which is under auto detect mode displays the folliwing info.

Cyl Head Sec 39694 16 63

I tried switching the setting in the bios with that of reported by disk druid.  I had not worked either.

I have made the partition as 4x 5 gb each.

I have installed windows 2000 and win95 already in this machine.

Can anybody provide any info.  I dont know exactly how to use fdisk provided with linux cd.  even if i try to run it initally says the lilo and other boot loaders will not be able to work properly in larger hard disks.

s.kannan