SMP system availability in Madras

hi,

	*IMO*, the grey market here is completely driven by demand.
There arent many SMP buyers here, if any.  Therefore, an SMP system
here would cost you a *lot*.  This is because they would have to
smuggle a single piece of equipment just for you. ;)

	I guess it would be better to import an SMP system.  I dont
know about the branded makes though.  Please make more enquiries.

prabhu

    keky> Are there any good SMP systems available for purchase in
    keky> Madras ? Any idea about the cost.  Say, like Dual Piii
    keky> 850mhz, 1GB RAM, 5x36G SCSI 160 LVD, DAT24, Non-stop (dual
    keky> switchable power supply) .e.g. intel 440 GX + I've heard
    keky> some stories about power problems, will the local power
    keky> utility for increased cost guarantee power 90 to 95% fo the
    keky> time ?  I know, these are loaded questions.  I need to know
    keky> these before I get there and implement project hardware/sw
    keky> in 4 weeks. (ha ha)

    keky> Please recommend some computer stores in Madras where people
    keky> are knowledgable about hardware.  Please do not give my
    keky> e-mail address to Sales Vultures!