Re: What is original idea/concept in Linux

Does LINUX really need any warmed up PROPAGANDA ?

You omitted to mention the Power of ONE human brain with
a human body and named Linus. NO FEAR!

There were other projects which benfitted from Open Source development
before LINUX got started.   Just ask Richard . The power of collabration to
develop computer projects over network happened during DOD ARPA days
long before fancy tag for inter connected network based systems.

In my opinion, LINUX is a beneficiary of LINUS's spunk,
FSF/Stallman's original thought of Free Software and Hayes's
contribution to PC's with cheap modems and Metcalf's Ethernet
(I didn't forget you Bob) which made Internet and the community
it helped develop.

Ofcourse,  people's hidden jealousy to accept One or Two men to
accumulate enormous wealth in a short time.

LINUX is a 'Knowledge Tool' for today's humans to collabrate globally
and improve the quality of life.  I would like to learn from
others as to how they see this tool, what is unique about this tool
from their perspective .

Although, other network protocols existed TCP/IP and FTP
protocols  are important innovations for todays technology
revolution.

I posed this very same question during my visit to LINUX WORLD 2000 at San
Jose.
Only one person, answered it saying  "RPM" from Red Hat.  The rest of them
either shook their head or said some 'air-head' mantra like LINUX RULEZ man!

I still have a crisp US$10.00 in my wallet waiting to be mailed to
the one who deserves. Keep trying

Cheers,
Keky Robertson