mouse cursor under x!

hi,

    Ananth> if i click on some link(say in a browser or elsewhere),
    Ananth> the cursor changes to the arrow but switches back to the
    Ananth> 'X' cursor... can anyone help me get back my regular
    Ananth> cursor ???

	Do the following.  To figure out what cursors are available
run the foll. command:

$ xfd -fn cursor

click on one of the cursors you want.  On top there will be a line
saying something like

	character 0x0038 (0,56) (0,070)
			   ^^^^

Note the underlined number.  Choose a cursor that has an even number.
Now look at the file /usr/include/X11/cursorfont.h this has all the
names of the cursors.  Use the number to get the name of the cursor.

Now remove the leading XC_ from the name and using the remaining part
run the following

$ xsetroot -cursor_name gumby

In the above example gumby is the name corresponding to the number 56.
I.e the cursorfont.h file has

#define XC_gumby 56

Hope this helps,
prabhu

p.s. It should be easy to write a small script to automate this...