LI registration - some news.

hi,

	As you are aware a group of representatives from the various
LUG's all over India are getting together to make Linux India a formal
legal organisation.  This will help us all with respect to donations
and other monetary affairs apart from other things.  I am representing
ILUGC, by popular? choice.  Here is some information that I am
supposed to share with you.

	During the initial discussions we encountered one particular
problem.  IT.com is going to be held this year sometime in November.
We cannot obtain proper (and big time) funding for a Linux-India stall
without a formal organisation.  As of now I dont think that any of the
representatives feel that the formalization will finish in time before
IT.com.

	Int he above context, please read the following mail that has
been sent to our potential sponsor (PCQ).

Dear KK,

It has been brought to our attention that IT.COM is an important event
and it would be a shame to lose this opportunity to highlight Linux in
such a high profile trade show.

We are currently in the second week of a four week schedule to figure
out the charter and the administrative details of Linux India on our
mailing list. However, we do appreciate the urgency of the matter. We
also understand the difficulties you have in justifying the expenses
incurred on a local LUG.

Therefore, we propose that you (PCQ) consider ILUG Bangalore as the
authorised organisation to handle all matters relating to IT.com on
behalf of Linux India for this year.  We hope that Linux-India will
have much to contribute to the Linux presence at IT.com from 2001
onwards.

This was passed by an overwhelming majority on the Linux India
registration mailing list.

Signed by:

Arun Sharma
Sudhakar "Thaths" Chandrasekharan