Linux 6.2 or Linux5.2

I am Reggie Thomas. If you recall I had met you in a LUG meeting in October,
1999. You had also sent me an e-mail regarding StarOffice 5.1 installation.

I am now in Dubai. I plan to buy a PC here and would like to install Linux.
Should I use Linux 6.2 or Linux 5.2 ? Can I manage with 64 MB RAM or should
I get 128 MB RAM ?

 I do remember hearing that Star Office 5.1 was not working too well on
Linux 6.1. It was suggested that one should stick to Linux 5.2 and for STar
Office 5.1.
 Is Linux 6.2 OK for Star Office ?

Indian magazines, software and help are not easy to comeby here.

I have STar Office 5.1 which I got in Madras. I can also arrange to get
Linux 5.2 on PC Quest CD of March, 1999. Linux 6.2 is supposed to be in the
PC Quest of June, 2000. This is a bit tough from here.

I remember you and Dr. Sriram showing the Linux 6.2 installation on a PC at
the LUG meeting I attended. You were putting the OS through its paces. So I
thought I would ask your advice.

Should I try to download Linux 6.2 ? What version is suitable for a AMD 500
mhz processor ? How much time would it take ? We get speeds of 44000 bps
here.

Would be most obliged if you could help me out or pass on these questions to
your members.

I had met a young chap there called Mani Sridhar. He was most helpful.

Regards,

Reggie Thomas