Re: Completely Offftopic : Re: Why lin[s]ux.

Ramakrishnan M proclaimed:
> BGanesh wrote:
> > Also, the licence issues are the next bone of contention. You can hear
> > the chant on Slashdot "Open Source, Open Source"... though how many of
> > them read the source is moot. And they seem to presume it is a
> > panacea. This is the primary area where *BSD users tend to be more
> > forgiving... hence less vocal...
> I would not reply to any other points. I just cann't resist to comment on the
> ignorance of the person who posted this.

BGanesh was stating his observation.  And you are saying that his
observation is based on ignorance, right?

> My reply may or may not be related to the original post--or rather
> I don't care.

In *my* opinion, you reply certainly is not related to BGanesh's
observation.

> And I am defying the author's "warning". I too don't want to flame.
> I don't have time to do so.

Hmm.  Time seems to be at a premium these days.

> But cann't just resist watching such baseless posts as these posts
> can potentially creat FUD among newbies.

#include <sarcasm.h>

The State has to watch out for those wily counter-revolutionaries.  We, The
State, must stop them from spreading rumours that will make out job of
helping The People think for themselves more difficult.

How was BGanesh's observation that *BSD users tend to me more forgiving
anfd less vocal about licensing a FUD?  Are you denying that *BSD license
is less restrictive than GPL?

Thaths
--
Marge: Boy, that quiet engine sure makes conversation a lot easier.
Homer: Yeah, it's got a lot of other problems, too.