Re: How to uninstall java in linux?

> Is that means all the files related to a software will be stored only in
> that particular directory?  I heard that in windows, somefiles will be
> stored in system dir. some in windows, blah..blah..
> Is similar things is true for linux based softwares

Well, The first thing I make sure when I dld a source package is that it
has a proper configure scripts with make install and make uninstall.So
that should take care of the uninstallation.If it's a plain tgz and if U
don't run any scripts I think U can feel safe that nothing gets moved
anywhere else.

The only thing I look out for is all ~/.foo,~/.bar that's get created in
the home dir to store user preferences.This is actually somewhat of a
pain to remove from each and every user's dir.