Re: Bus error in Netscape-tex files

"vvraghav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" proclaimed:
> > I installed IBM techexplorer plug-in (Netscape) to read tex files.
> > However when I open a .tex file, netscape exits itself, informing Bus
> > error.

Hmmm.  I did not know that such a plugin existed.  I use plugger.  plugger
is a general plugin which lets you use existing X helper / viewer apps
inside Netscape.

> btw, netscape version ? if netscape 4.72 for linux , i think
> prabhu reported having some major memory leaks ......

I don't know.  I've been running 4.73 pretty comfortably 24 hours a day for
an average of 3-4 days without crashing.

> p.s: i think you should also ask thaths (sudhakar chandrashekhar) as he
> would be the best one to answer *grin*

*blush* you give me too much credit.  I honestly don't understand why some
people complain about Netscape crashing.  I have personally not had it
happen very often to me these days.  Here are some general rules:

1. Download Netscape directly off of Netscape's site.  RH and Debian tweak
the binary in many ways that I don't trust.

2. Disable Java and JS in Mail&News.

3. Use the statically linked motif version.

Thaths
--
 "All right, his story checks out.  Marge, would you love me more if
    I were President?  'Cause I'll do it if it'll make you happy"