Re: Bus error in Netscape-tex files

> I installed IBM techexplorer plug-in (Netscape) to read tex files.
> However when I open a .tex file, netscape exits itself, informing Bus
> error.
> What is Bus error.

*very* generally speaking a memory read/access error. i have got it for example sometimes on running *huge* chunks of code which froze the system and reported a "Memory Bus Error". however its better to be precise, so you can look up the definition if you want at the Memory Management glossary -
   http://www.xanalys.com/software_tools/mm/glossary/b.html

btw, netscape version ? if netscape 4.72 for linux , i think
prabhu reported having some major memory leaks ......

vikram vijayaraghavan

p.s: i think you should also ask thaths (sudhakar chandrashekhar) as he
would be the best one to answer *grin*

"attitude defines thee"