regarding localhost

hi,

	what does
$ cat /etc/hosts

reveal?

If there is no entry for localhost there add a line like so.

127.0.0.1       localhost

also, what does /sbin/ifconfig show you?  Is the Local loopback link
there?

prabhu

    kamesh> Hi, When I try to access `lynx 127.0.0.1`, It gives me
    kamesh> error as "unable to connect to remote host".  Apache is
    kamesh> running locally.Likewise I try to connect through telnet
    kamesh> also ,I get "unable to connect to remote host".  I think