Crashed hard disk - Jehad

Hi Oommen,

OT> To sum up, unless there is a hardware failure, rarely will Linux crash
OT> fully, if properly configured/installed. This is not the case with other
OT> OSs.

There you go, making blanket statements. "Other OSes" ??! Irix
doesn't. BeOS doesn't. Windows2000 doesn't. It helps to be specific.
I've seen corruption occur on Win95, once. Win98, is pretty stable
(strictly from the Win95 standpoint) disk-wise... I have an NT4 box
that has /never/ crashed in since I bought it a year ago. Unless there
is a h/w failure, rarely/never do any of these fail (Win9x excluded).
Linux is good and all that sort of thing, but statements like these
are what prompt changes to the subject line :)

Cheers
BGa