Re: SuSE 6.4

Hi
In SuSE 6.3, when i'm starting emacs, i see that it is trying
to connect to the local DNS server, while starting up before
the emacs shows up on the screen. As a result loading emacs
becomes all the more slow.

Why is this so?  is this configurable?

Tnx in advance for the reply

--vsuresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx