Re: when to recomplie the kernel?

kamesh jayachandran proclaimed:
> Is it necessary to recompile the kernel when we install new glibc or new
> Xserver version?

Definitely not required for a new version of X.  Maybe for glibc.  It
depends on the version that you had and the version you are upgrading to.
Let us say you had libc.so.A.B.C and are upgrading to libc.X.Y.Z.  If A==X
&& B==Y, a recompile is not needed.  If A != X, a recompile is definitely
needed.  If A==X && B != Y, a recompile might be needed.

Thaths
--
Homer: [yawns] Marge, I'm bored.
Marge: Why don't you read something?