Re: Sun TV - Anecdote

Hi

my 2 paisa worth stuff on this topic.

In case any one wants to set their clocks accurately to IST, all you need to do is
to tune your Short wave radio to exactly 10.Mhz. You will be able to hear the time
signals being transmitted from the National Physical laboratory (?) in New Delhi.
The sound you probably hear will be a tic every second and a long beep at the  end
of every minute. At the end of an hour you can hear a long beep followed by a voice
announcement  ( if my memory serves me right) which can be used to sync your
watches/pc clocks.

Back in my ham radio days I used to use this signal to caliberate my homebrew SW
tranceivers.

Mail me if you found this piece of info useful.

Regards

Aravind

p.s.  you need a lot of patience while tuning because there are a lot of commercial
broadcasting stations close to 10.00 Mhz.