installing fonts

hi,

    Krishnan> fonts.  *>has anyone succesfully installed BeOS4Linux? i
    Krishnan> downloaded the gzip file, but it extracts with an
    Krishnan> unexpected EOF error. the boot floppy searched for the
    Krishnan> image from the cd. does that mean that i have to write
    Krishnan> on CD? the boot options has a facility for 'search in
    Krishnan> other media' but that dowsnt seem to work. i even tried
    Krishnan> having a copy of the image in every partition of my hdd.

	It appears that your download was messed up.  do a gzip -t on
the downloaded file to check its integrity.  If it returns without any
messgs you are fine.  If not tough luck.  I have installed beos4linux
and it works ok.  Not too impressed though.  Follow the instuctions on
in the readme that comes with the tarball.

    Krishnan> help pls.  *>what is the best VCD player in linux? MTV
    Krishnan> sucks. any newer, free ones?

	AFAIK mtv commercial is great.  We demo'd it during the PCQ
expo.

    Krishnan>	*> is there any terminal
    Krishnan> based (w/o X) image viewer?(like sea of winducks) waitin
    Krishnan> 4 help..

	zgv.