[ravi@symonds.net: Potato ISO]

Hey, the first time I sent the message in, Listar messed it up :(

	Ravi.

----- Forwarded message from "Ravikant K. Rao" <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 23:14:18 -0700
From: "Ravikant K. Rao" <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ravikant K. Rao" <ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Potato ISO

Hi [Prabhu],
	List of places where you can download the potato ISO.If you suceed,
tell me :)

	BTW, the .hu is low bandwidth. Use netselect to choose the host with
the shortest/quickest route.

	There are a couple more places, too.. unlisted...you could just say,
"Hey! How many of you guys have mirrors for potato running?" , and you'd get
a couple of links..

	ftp://ftp.kando.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial
	ftp://ftp.oleane.net/
	ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/
	ftp.linuxhelp.bc.ca/ - port 4000
	http://cdimage.debian.org/

	BTW, there are still 132 Release-Critical bugs, and I believe potato
will *NOT* come out until *ALL* those bugs are fixed.

	And, it does sound like ATM, the Developers' circle is in anarchy...
what the status says: "There are too many people, too many packages, too
little organisation, and thus they are not hiring for the next few months"

	Potato seems to be rather stable, to many people.And I believe its
got some very radical changes/upgrades over slink as regards networking.For
*MY* home boxen, they wont matter..but if you're gonna run it on
aero.iitm.ernet.in and somesuch, I guess you will find it makes life
simpler.

	BTW, there are some sawmill fixes that you have to apply.Apparently,
it gets broken if you goto woody.Not too sure about potato.

	Cheers.

	Ravi.

----- End forwarded message -----