How to restrict single user mode booting from dos.

Hi guys,
         I want to restrict single user mode booting from dos. I was able
to restrict this from LILO.

I have loadlin and vmlinuz in my windows partition. From there it is
possible to get to single user mode saying

D:\> loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hdaX  single

I want to restrict the sinlge stuff. I added a shell script in
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit , but the shell script doesnt take any terminal
input. It echoes all the messages I put in the script, but when I say ask
for a password it says

Enter passwd :

and doesn't wait for terminal input but drops in to the single user shell.

I tried with a c program too. But it also failed. I tried to invoke a
shell specifically for this purpose. It also failed.

When I boot normally ( without single ) modules are not loaded. I made a
symbolic link to the directory 2.2.12-20 with the  name 2.2.12-20BOOT,
which would be the kernel header when I boot from dos. Even then the
modules.dep is not recognised. Where am I goofing up ?

I have one more doubt. What is "Cartman" which comes on the terminal
screen in the text mode.

Red Hat Linux release 6.1 (Cartman)

-- Midhun