Regarding boot sector virus.

I have a floppy with boot sector virus.When I mount the floppy in linux I can
see some funny file names with huge size(more than the total capacity of the
full floppy itself).
The problem is when I issue ls -l my terminal get full of junk character
including the Shell(My shell becomes something composed of arrows and
underscore).
Moreover My shell gets in to a state which accepts whatever I type but won't
show it on the screen.
Any idea regarding this will be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks in advance
kamesh jayachandran