Symlinks cannot be followed.

Hello: While using kernel > 2.3.51, I am unable to follow
symlinks.  I have enabled devfs support in the kernel.
I have got devfsd running to maintain compatibility with
both the stable and unstable kernels. Devfsd was enabled
after installing the package 'devfsd_1.3.1-1.deb'.

I can follow symlinks if I switch to kernel 2.2.14 but unable
to do so in 2.3.99-pre3 or lesser.

ragOO, VU2RGU.
--
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.....Amateur Radio
Keeping the W W W     FREE..Debian GNU/Linux