Re: Drivers for CD-Writer

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Shankar Vasudevan wrote:
> can anyone suggest me, if there are any drivers for CD-writers. I have a
> "Smart and Friendly 8 speed CD-writer" from www.smartandfriendly.com .

please read the most helpful cdwriting howto. basically, the only cd
writing supported in linux is for scsi cd writers. however, there is the
friendly ide-scsi module that will emulate scsi on an ide drive. so, after
written to. and in order for this module to be used, the atapi driver will
have to be disabled at boot time (so that the ide-scsi module can be used
instead). this can be done with a suitable boot time directive. like i
said, read the cdwriting howto which clearly explains how to do all this.

sriram