Drivers for CD-Writer

hi,

    Shankar> hi, can anyone suggest me, if there are any drivers for
    Shankar> CD-writers. I have a "Smart and Friendly 8 speed
    Shankar> CD-writer" from www.smartandfriendly.com .

	Pl. give us more details when possib.  First, what is your
distro?  Second, more details on the device is it IDE/SCSI or is it
one of those parallel port ones.  Yours must be SCSI I guess.

	It is possible that your drive is supported.  Locate the file
CD-Writing-HOWTO.* on your system might be in /usr/doc/HOWTO/.  If  it
is not there visit www.linuxdoc.org and grab it.  Read it.  It is the
definitive guide.

	My version of the file says

Smart and
  Friendly:       CD-RW226, CD-R1002, CD-R1002/PRO, CD-R1004,
                  CD-R2004, CD-R2006 PLUS, CD-R2006 PRO,
                  CD-R4000, CD-R4006, CD-R4012

are supported.  But my doc is old dated 20 June 1999.

Id suggest you read the doc and give it a shot.