typing tamil in Search window (like yahoo)?

hi,

  Currently i am partly involved in developing a tamil search engine
project.  We are planning to use TAB fonts (tamilnet 99 standardised
encoding scheme).  Usually the fonts file will contain the encoding
details like ASCII value for ka, ma, kokki etc...,  But if we type ka and
kokki, how it is printed as ki on the screen? where these details are
stored? whether it is stored in font file or get implemented in the
editors?

zameer do u have any idea about this? Has anybody developed any tamil
editor in our (ilugc) group?

mks

M K Saravanan,
Design Engineer,
The AU-KBC Centre for Internet & Telecom Technologies,
Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University,
Chrompet, Chennai 600 044.
Tamilnadu, INDIA

email: mksarav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ph & FAX (Off):  (091) (044) 2402711