On my knees before dpkg ...

Debian gurus,

        I've been wondering if there is any way to figure out
reverse dependencies for a package, i.e. if I want to replace package
foo_0.1-1.deb with foo-10.0.tar.gz, how do I identify the  packages
which will break for they depend on miserable, hopelessly outdated
foo_0.1-1.deb. Yes, one can 'su' and say:

# dpkg --no-act --purge foo

        , and wait for the error messages, but that's kludgey to say
the least. The -B (auto-deconfigure) option is interesting, but rather
academic, when one considers that one will then have a missing
package, and as a bonus, a deconfigured package (which in my case,
could be sendmail :).

        Thanks,

                                                -arun

--
.. the things love can drive a man to -- the ecstasies, the miseries,
the broken rules, the desperate chances, the glorious failures and the