Minutes for Meeting held on 18th March at Lateral Soft

For the benefit of those who could not make it to the meeting,

The meeting was held at Lateral Soft. Alwarpet on 18th March 2000 at 3:45
PM. The gathering was small with around 20 attendees.

Lateral will be selling the Linux CD's in their own stall.

The agenda  for discussion was the organisation of a ILUGC stall in the PCQ
EXPO to be held on 24th, 25th and 26th at Raja Muthiah Hall and Rani
Meiyammai Hall (forgive me for the spelling).

Lateral Soft will take care of printing posters and handouts. Contents for
the Handouts were breezed upon. Following this it was decided to host 3
desktops and 1 laptop for the show.  The decision was to have a Multimedia
machine (akram) playing MP3, VCD, Broadcast 2000 etc. The Dual processor
Monster (Asokan's) will be he Desktop with Xemacs, Vmware, SO 5.1,
Kdeveloper, Gnome, KDE and  Project Manager.

The third desktop (Lateral) will be the Gaming PC with Quake 2 Demo, X
heretic, Abuse, Doom and Myth 2 Demo.

The Laptop ( In sessions from Lateral and Asokan's DELL) will be the
connected to the net demoing the Every day user requirements of Browsing,
Chat, X, Mail etc.

Thanks to Lateral snacks were served to keep the meeting will enthusiasm.

Following this an open Call to volunteers was made and about nine of them
have volunteered to participate in the program in shifts.

Mr. Amitabh B from Calcutta who is vacationing in Chennai on invitation from
Archan Paul also attended the Meeting and will be part of the ILUGC stall in
the PCQexpo.

Here goes an Open Call for Volunteers. We need volunteers to man the stall
at least in shifts. Any of them interested in being part of this PCQ expo,
mail to the list and things can be coordinated.

I think I have covered most of the evenings events. If I missed out on some,
anybody is welcome to mail them.

Deivanayak T Balakrishnan