CD player probs

hi,

	I am having a strange problem.  Whenever I play a CD with
_any_ GUI based CD player, the player keeps strobing my Hard disk.
The HDD light keeps flickering.  On the other hand using cdtool
(cdplay, cdstop, cdpause etc.) there are absolutely no probs --
i.e. no strobing, or even if I quit from a GUI cdplayer and tell it
not to stop playing the CD after it quites.

HDD = /dev/hda and CDROM=/dev/hdb.  Arun has the same config but it
never strobes the disk on his machine using the same CD software
configured in much the same way.  Wondering what could be wrong.
Could it be the way I have slaved hdb to hda?

	I have no theories as to why it must strobe.  any help would
be appreciated.  Arun, could you tell me how you have cabled hdb to
hda I have it such that the end part of the cable is on the CD drive.