RE: gnu and linux

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, R. Sriram wrote:

> > GNU project is aimed at letting users have a choice -
>
> Do we have to call it GNU Linux by law or is it a choice. If it is a choice
> and GNU is aimed at letting users have a choice, can I call it linux instead
> of GNU linux?
>
> Hansolo

  What kind of choice. Choice of working not name. The problem with just
  calling Linux and not GNU/Linux  is people think that Linux is  completely
  devloped by Linus .... If some body writes a program and he didn't get
  his credit (not money of course I am talking) it is a really frustating.
  If you call GNU/Linux people question about GNU and you tend to explain
  what you see is actually devloped by lot of people.
sambaiah kilaru.