i-net connection is very slow?

hi,

>>>>> "root" == root  <rrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    root> Hi All, i use a RH 6.1 kernel (2.2.12). my machine is a dual
    root> boot m/c.  In our office we contact ot the internet through
    root> the Lan network. when i browse from windows it is faster
    root> than when i browse thru linux. it is hardly at the rate of
    root> 150bytes/second when browsed thru linux. while it is about
    root> 1K/sec in windows. i would like to know y this is so?  also
    root> what should i do?  --- Send e-mail to

	Is this always true, i.e. did u measure speeds at the same
time?  If so how?  Try downloading something off ftp and check.  What
is your server an NT or linux box?  Maybe you should experiment a
little more.