netword card config

I upgraded my red hat 6.0 (from chip) to red hat 6.1 and now ether net
card is not working. even ifconfig is not able to detect eth0 it says no
such device. The funniest part of it is that i upgraded it thru ftp :-).

Can some one tell me how to proceed about it ? At least let me know how
to get that card select menu which is available in expert mode of red
hat 6.1 installation
netconfig is starts configuring the ip address!
regards
anurag