Fwd:Re:upgrading XF86

george_samuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

To: anurag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: george_samuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:upgrading XF86
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:5:40
Cc: listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Anurag,
     XF86 SVGA 3.3.5 (It ships with RedHat 6.1) supports
your card, but you have to edit the modlines to get it running.Try copying and pasting the modelines from
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.S3V (Check out all the files in this directory ).You have to do
 ln -s  /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA /etc/X11/X
 if /etc/X11/X exists you have to delete it before doing this
  After this you would get it running.
  If you have any other doubt mail me.Send your XF86Config file and I'll edit the modelines for you ,but I can do it only after 20th December -- I have got exams till then.

George Samuel