upgrading XF86

Hi all,
I checked xfree site it says for my VGA card (s3 trio 3d) VGA_16 server should
be used and thats what it did while installing red had 6.0 but now red hat 6.1
uses sva server can any one tell how do upgraded my x server ? what all files
and link i have to upgrade ?
I copied XF86_SVGA and tried using that but failed seems i need the newer
drivers which is oviously a pard of new server but I don't what all the files I
should copy can any one suggest ? I am using IBM 300 GL.
thanks  anurag