Scripting languages and dilema

Hi All,
   This is not directly related to Linux (related stuff). My day to day
   work I switched from Bourne shell to perl and I like it. Some times I
   use dialog to write user interfaces. I am happy with Perl but are lots
   of names I hear but I can't go through those. My question is Which
   scripting language is good for what? I heard only about tcl/tk and
   python and expect (although this is of different flavor). Are there
   any more and what are advantages of these over perl.
   Asokan you seems to say python is best bet over perl. I don't know why
   you prefer python?  Any pointers where I can see the comparison of
   these scripting languages?
TIA,
Kilaru Sambaiah.