[vivekar@satyamonline.com] installation problem in X windows -reg.

-- Listar MIME Decryption --------------
-- Content: Included message

From: vivekar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 26 Nov 1999 04:58:49 -0800
To: kar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: installation problem in X windows -reg.

Sir,
 I installed RedHat linux6.1 from PCQuest issue.
I encountered some problems.
I would be grateful to you If you can spare some time
to solve my problem.
I have a Celeron 366MHz system with SiS 6326 Graphics card with 4Mb RAM.
I formatted my harddisk using Partition Magic.first LILO didn't boot my windows.
I reformatted twice to get things right.It was a great experience.
Finally I installed RedHat Linux 6.1 with the help of your guide .
I have installed "All Packages".
I gave windows desktop settings as   16 bit--640 by 480 .
I checked out "Test this configuration.It worked well during installation.
I checked Use Graphical Login and Install X windows buttons.
I have given swap size as 128Mb, Boot 16Mb and Root partition as 2000Mb.

	I started working with Linux.To my dismay, it didn't start with
graphical Login. Moreover when i gave "startx" command at prompt
my screen gets blank and Keyboard is also not responding.

I have this error message while boot sequence:

	Uhhh .. Do you have strange power saving mode enabled?
	NMI received for unknown reason 2d / 3d.

	Kernel panic : No init found.

Please Help me to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Vivek
Coimbatore.