Re: admin stuff.

Prabhu Ramachandran proclaimed:

<snip>

>  If the amount of
> messages gets beyond me I usually set the person on vacation.  Listar
> has this facility and for details refer to the first mail you received
> after subscribing to the ilugc list.  If you dont have it send mail to
> listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the subject help.  If the error is
> serious -- for instance arbornet.org went down sometime back and mails
> bounced really badly -- listar automatically unsubscribes the
> offending address.

One thing you could do to make this easier is set up another mailing list
called bounces.  Addresses which have serious errors could be unsubscribed
from ilug-c and subscribed to bounces.  Then you have a cron job that sends
a message to bounces once every day saying that these folks have been
placed in the bounces mailing list along with instructions on how to
resubscribe.

When you set up the bounces mailing list make sure that any mails bounced
when trying to send emails to the people in bounces get redirected to
/dev/null.  This way you don't have to deal with that stuff.

Thaths
--
"Now, what is a wedding? Well, Webster's Dictionary describes a wedding
       as, 'The process of removing weeds from one's garden.'"