Offline Mailing

    Gautam> 	Sendmail works fine now though my From: address is
    Gautam> still mangled.  As root I restarted sendmail as 'sendmail
    Gautam> -bd -q1m -Fqwerty -fgautamg@xxxxxxxx' and then sent some

	Better than that is to merely run sendmail -q each time you
connect to the net.  I think you can do this by adding an executable
script /etc/ppp/ip-up which has the required line.  By setting the
-q1m you are forcing sendmail to try sending mail every one minute (or
am I wrong)?

    Gautam> mail to my yahoo account. When I download usinf fetchmail
    Gautam> and see the from: field, it still is G.Gautam and
    Gautam> g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I know an easy workaround: Have
    Gautam> a username as gautamg and my user-domain as vsnl.com in
    Gautam> Pine. This works.  But what's wrong in having a single
    Gautam> letter login name? Can some one tell me what I must do?

	Nothing wrong in having a single letter login.  Your fetchmail
conf should have something like so

poll your_pop_box_name:
	user gautam with password "nice_try" there is g here

This should help I guess.

And setting the username and user-domain properly is the best way to
get your mail out with your correct email address, after all sendmail
is not psychic! :)