Upgradataion

hi,

    Prasanna> Hi ppl: I have downloaded the latest glibc libraries. We
    Prasanna> have a server running RH 5.2. Is it safe to go ahead and
    Prasanna> install these new libs? Will I have Compatibility
    Prasanna> problems?

I dont think it is a good idea to mess with your server.  If you
really want an upto date distro why not simply upgrade to RH 6.1?  If
you still want to do it the hard way, you could try it out on some
other machine and check it out.  Experimenting on a production machine
is not a good practice.  There should be some informaiton on the glibc
faq that you would have got along with the software you have
downloaded -- it may help.