compiling X application

Hi all,
 I am tring to compile a small program which uses Xlib and X Toolkit but it
gives a big list of unresolved function in both Xlib and Xt I even tried
linking it with all the libraries available in /usr/X11R6/lib directory but of
no use. Here is my makefile

three : three.o
    g++  -o three three.o /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.a

three.o : three.c
    g++ -c three.c

here is partial list of unresolved function as far as I know all of them are
available in libX11.a

Selection.o(.text+0x2e59): undefined reference to `XSaveContext'
Selection.o(.text+0x2ed0): undefined reference to `XFindContext'

can anyone help me out ? Also send link of some tutorials for xlib and x
toolkit (not motif).

thanks
anurag