Re: Subscription to Linux user group.

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, POORNA PRASAD wrote:

> I wish to subscribe for low volume announcement mailing list.

ilugc _is_ a low volume announcement mailing list. Check out
http://www.chennailug.org/ where it tells you how to subscribe yourself to
the list. It should be something like e-mail
ilugc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the subject line and
in the body . cc your mail to ilugc-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and to
listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . one mail will bounce ,( the ilugc-subscribe i
think ) and listar should reply with some help and ilugc-request should
subscribe you to the list.
  using the help from listar , set your digest mode on so that you receive
all mails bunched together in one go ,  rather than as split up e-mails ;
IMO , it will be unnecessary since very little other than discussing
forthcoming ilugc meetings and coping with some annoying @yahoo.com user
spamming the list w/ abusive language (!) takes place in here ;-)
  ( actually not , we _do_ address linux queries too ... ;-)
  do all this and if you _STILL_ find problems/difficulties , email
ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx telling us what happened.

  Ravi.