Re: JavaTM 2 is available on Linux?

I use Java 2 (JDK 1.2). However, since JDK 1.2 for Linux is still in the
pre-release stage (currently pre-release v2) there are still some bugs/issues to
be fixed. So JDK 1.1.x is definitely more stable.

You can download it from: http://www.blackdown.org . From this URL you can get
other information like the port status, known issues, workaround & many more.

On a sidenote:
Whereas the JDK Linux port is still in the 1.2 pre-release stage, the
JDK Windows port with 1.3 beta is already out.

-Sridhar