Re: Debian CD

hi there gautam ,
  I can lend you Debian 1.3.1 r 8  ... its from cheapbytes and its a
single CD ... unlike Deb 2.1 which is 2 CD's.
  If you would like to live on the bleeding edge etc... you should get
hold of one of Thaths' cd's which were deb 2.1 if i think right.. and then
download the binaries to upgrade from deb 2.1 -> deb 2.2 which is unstable
.. and you're all set. [ actually in my opinion , even the installation
program , the fdisk etc etc of the CD that I own is so crippled  [ thats
my own opinion , need not necessarily reflect that of ilugc or its
members .. the standard disclaimer stuff ;) .... and this is _NOT_ aflame
bait or whatever... I was just giving you the _wisdom_ of my 4 day old
experience with debian *grin* ] , you
are better off obtaining the 2.1 , i myself am running only 2.1 .... ]

I will be attending the latest ilugc meeting too , hopefully.

  expanding along these lines , i would suggest we setup a s/w bank kinda
thing from where ilugc members could freely borrow cd's ..and this could
be maintained by a responsible member of the list .. and whoever wants to
, donates cds to the list .. or atleast lends .. if not donate for life.
  i got this idea from the irish linux user group , www.linux.ie  [ i
think ].
  g'day
 -ravi.