Re: EPIC problems.

  Ravikant> I hit _just_ $ epic , it loads the older version ... while
  Ravikant> /usr/local/bin/epic is the latest version . I imagine this
  Ravikant> conflict is because of the existence of the older version
  Ravikant> on my m/c ... so how might I remove that ?

$ echo $PATH

	You'll find that /usr/bin occurs earlier in the colon
delimited list. Your shell finds the 'epic' executable in /usr/bin
before it even looks in /usr/local/bin. 'info bash' for more on your
shell, and its intricacies.

	 You can either change the PATH variable to make the
shell look into /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin (not a good idea,
IMHO), or simply remove the Debian epic package with:

$ dpkg --purge epic

	Incidentally, you may find a more recent version of epic on
your Debian CD itself, it's called epic4.

							-arun