Re: Web Server Compatibility

Hi !

I think this thread has generated enough traffic on this list. I guess some
people would've already got unnerved by now. Sorry folks.

If there are anymore questions that u have please send them to me directly. Btw
the answer to your question is : Yes! the unknown user needs to know the port at
which the web server is running. As mentioned earlier, by default the browser
will try to contact the server only at port 80. One way for the
web-client (unknown user) to access the other web servers might be:  you can put
out a web page in your main web server (running at 80) home. This web page can
have a URL link to the other web servers (like http://server.mydomain.com:8000).
So when a web-client accesses the web-site, he'll get a page that can direct him
to the other running web servers via the hyperlink.

-Sridhar