Setting resolution for IBM 6547 G74 - Chip type - S3 Trio

Hi  All,

    I   am  new  to  Linux   and   I  have  installed  RH6.0(CHIP CD)  on
my  P.C.

   My  Monitor  is  -   IBM   6547  G74  and   the  Display  Adaptor  is
S3   Trio  3D  -  chip type Trio 3D  Rev B  -    DAC  Type  internal.-
VRAM 4MB

   I  get  the  above  info  when i  probe  the  windows  settings.

   While   installing  RH6.0  I   chose  - IBM 6547  G74   from  the Monitor
listing  and  S3 TRIO 3D  (GENERIC VGA)  from the  videocard  listing.  I
have   no clue of the clock chip so i skip it.

   My  problem  is  that  i  am  only able  to  view  in 640x480  (256
color).  Pls   help  me  configure  for  higher  resolutions  (I  am  able
to use upto 1280x1024 32 bit in windows)

   I  have  tried  X configurator from 'setup'   to  try  other  videocard
combinations but  no  use,   I  had  a  message  on  the  console  saying
"unknown  chip_id =0x8904 rev.1"

Thanks,
P.Senthil Kumar