Re: Masquerading

>         My problem is that I know that I have to do masquerading but do
> not exactly know how to do it. There are lots of $M, $=M, $1, $2, $3, etc
> in sendmail.cf.

That's where the fun is - Burn & learn : )...
Anyway, there may be 2 ways of modifying this in the sendmail.cf file of
"ind.ce.iitm.ernet.in" host.You may try any ONE of these.

1. Try adding the following line in the sendmail.cf
Djcivil.iitm.ernet.in
This should override the default domain (ind.ce.iitm.ernet.in) for all outgoing
mails to "civil.iitm.ernet.in".
Also remember to comment any line starting with Dj* using the '#' comment
remarks.

2. Try adding the following line in the sendmail.cf
DMcivil.iitm.ernet.in
This should masquerade the default domain (ind.ce.iitm.ernet.in) for all
outgoing mails to "civil.iitm.ernet.in".
Also remember to comment any line starting with DM* using the '#' comment
remarks.

See if it works.

-Sridhar