Re: Masquerading

I think there are 2 ways of achieving what you want:

1. Setup civil.iitm.ernet.in as your mail-server and run sendmail/smtp server on
it. Then use ind.ce.iitm.ernet.in to send all outgoing mails to
civil.iitm.ernet.in  via pop3 so that it actually sends all the outgoing mails.

2. Modify the sendmail configuration file (/etc/sendmail.cf on most linux boxes)
to enable a feature called masquerading. Using this all outgoing mails can be
sent with your specified domain. For more on this checkout the sendmail faq or
http://www.sendmail.org. You might find this option more viable/easier. This
will be useful only if you use sendmail as your MDA (mail delivery agent).

-Sridhar