Powerd in Linux

hi,

Oommen Thomas writes:
 > Does this mean that if powerd is installed and if we have a UPS (which has
 > this alarm provision) connected to the system's serial port by a cable,
 > the signalling by the UPS will shutdown the server automatically?
 >
 > Any other addl setting is required for this?

	I havent used it but the UPS-HOWTO gives one quite a lot of
info.  You will have to make sure that the signal that the upssends
out to the powerd daemon is the right one if not you may have to make
yourself a new serial cable with the right pins doing the right
things.  The howto gives nice details with diagrams, fundas etc.

Learn it yourself!  It's fun!!