Re: Is any tamil font (following tamilnet'99 govt. standard) avl. unde

M K Saravanan wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
>   I am doing image processing on tamil.  Is any tamil fonts available
> which follows the new tamilnet'99 standard coding of tamil characters,
> under LINUX?  Is some tamil editor on LInux which follow the new
> TN govt. standardised keyboard and coding standards,  availble means it
> will be very nice.

I got the TAB fonts following some links in Tamilnet.As for a editor
there's a very good one in Tcl/Tk called Akaram.Look out for Version 0.9.It uses the TAB encoding
but it doesn't follow the Tamil Keyboard Layout.It uses transliteration but adding the keyboard
input to the Tcl/Tk code may not be that difficult.Actually you get the fonts along with Akaram.