Re: Memory Related

hi,

Oommen Thomas writes:

 > Thats a known feature(bug?) in Linux.
 > By default only a max of 64MB is sensed
 > You need to pass specific LILO parameters like 'MEM=128M' or so.
 > Forgot excat sysntax.

	This is a known solution for i386 machines and works for lilo.
I guess it should work for MILO as well.  I dont know what the linux
loader is on sparc machines is but here is what one does on i386
machines.  At boot time at the lilo: prompt type
LILO: <image-name> mem=128M<enter>

To automate it edit your /etc/lilo.conf and in the entry for your
linux image add a line like so

append="mem=128M"

---- /etc/lilo.conf ---
boot=/dev/hda